If you have watched the documentary “Forks over Knives” you would have a better understanding of the benefits of consuming a plant based diet. Many of us don’t have the will power to commit to a vegetarian/vegan diet, thinking that it’s boring, tasteless and unsatisfying.
I have to admit, I like to eat meat, but there is something about the Lent Season that motivates me to give up “meat” for the 40 days and focus more on myself, my spirituality, my life. It’s a time of reflection – one that I look forward to every year – allowing me to nurture my body and soul.
Life is short, and time flies, especially in this fast-paced world. Somehow, giving up meat allows me to eat more mindfully and consciously. This starts from the moment I buy my food. Mindful eating involves choosing nourishing, healthy, seasonal foods. It means experimenting with different recipes and taking pleasure from cooking. It involves sitting down with loved ones and really thinking about the food I am putting in my mouth.
I am excited to offer this coming Lent Season a guide to a Plant based diet
In this program you will learn:
- The benefits of a Vegetarian diet
- How to make Easy delicious plant based recipes, leaving you full and satisfied
- How to incorporate more greens, whole grains, legumes into your diet
- How to get enough protein while going meatless
- How to make yummy desserts that satisfy your sweet craving without refined sugars
- Learn to make alternatives to milk
- Get a plant based shopping list
- Learn your unique way of metabolizing your food
- Learn how to balance your lifestyle and feed your soul
- Learn how to include Super foods to your diet
- A Preventative care and Reversing disease guidelines
Spaces are limited and ONLY available to 10 persons.
Registration fee is $100
Cost of the Program $995
Sessions are every Monday:
Dates: March 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th and 3rd of April
Time: 2 hours long – 6-8pm
Payments can be made in cash, cheque or bank deposit. Please fill out form to register.