Who says you can't make a health-ier Pizzzzaaaaaaa!
• 2 cups sweet potato (steamed, peeled, and mashed)
• 1 cup cassava flour
• Optional: 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Using your hands or a standing mixer, combine sweet potato, cassava flour, and spices in a large bowl until an even dough forms.
2. Split dough in half (the recipe will make two separate pizzas), and add one half to a tray lined with parchment paper. Spread into an even, flat circle about 10 inches in diameter. Repeat with the other dough half on a separate tray.
3. Place one tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
(Note: If you put both trays in the oven at once, they will take longer to cook!) When done, pizza crust should be firm and completely cooked all the way through, not doughy.
4. While crust is cooking, gather pizza sauce, toppings, and veggies of your choice. I recommend red and yellow bell peppers, black olives, roasted garlic, and water-sauteed kale, red onion, and mushrooms!
5. Add pizza sauce and toppings and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Feel free to add more toppings, such as freshly chopped basil, red pepper flakes, more garlic powder and dried oregano, etc.
Then dig in!