This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert. a It’s vegan, gluten-free, and great for meal prep. Not to mention it will satisfy that sweet craving.
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups milk
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 cup diced apple, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, flax seed, coconut oil, and vanilla.
3. Fold in raisins and 3/4 cup of diced apples.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of diced apples.
5. Bake about 40 minutes, until center has set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow baked oatmeal to cool just a bit before serving. Serve with a drizzle of almond butter, almond milk, or maple syrup.
6. Let cool completely before covering or transferring to storage containers. The baked oatmeal should keep for 4–5 days in the fridge.