(Credit to IIN Anjali Shah, from The Picky Eater Blog)
With warm sweet spices, hidden veggies, and a dash of caffeine, this creamy, healthy smoothie bowl is the perfect way to start off your fall mornings! Ready in less than 10 minutes, it can also be made without the coffee for kids!
• 2/3 cup milk of your choice
• 2/3 cup brewed coffee, cooled (you can also use decaf or omit completely)
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
• 1/3 cup plain yogurt
• 1 small banana, chopped and frozen
• 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter (you can also use peanut butter powder)
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 dash ground nutmeg
• 1 dash ground cloves
• 4–5 ice cubes
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach (optional – for extra veggies)
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional – for more of a dessert feel)
1. Place all ingredients in blender in order listed.
2. Secure lid and blend on high until smooth.
3. Pour into glass or bowl and enjoy immediately. If desired, top with more seeds, coconut flakes, sliced fruit, or other garnish of your choice. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Note: If you don’t already have banana in your freezer, chop and freeze one the night before you make this smoothie. If you forget this step, just add 2 or 3 extra ice cubes to blender.