Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 tuna steaks
half a large cucumber
1 cup kale, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt and black pepper
· Scoop out the seeds of the halved cucumber. Then dice and mix with the dill and kale.
· Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub a bit of oil on tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each
· side. Time will vary due to thickness and preference. Most enjoy tuna medium-rare, leaving it pink
· in the middle.
· Place tuna steaks on plates and top with cucumber salsa.
· Keep skillet over heat and add oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste. Let sizzle for a few seconds and then drizzle over fish with salsa.
· Serve immediately.
Substitute fennel for the cucumber or bok choy for kale, for an added twist.